Discover an arts centre that does more than just exhibit paintings! Whirinaki Whare Taonga has been designed with flexible spaces that can be adjusted depending on the event and numbers of people attending.

Whether you’re holding a conference, a public meeting, providing corporate training, hosting a business dinner or giving a presentation, Whirinaki Whare Taonga can meet your needs. Ask us how we can help you host a memorable event.

Click here to view the Whirinaki Whare Taonga Venue Hire Brochure.

To make a Venue Hire Enquiry, please click here and complete this form. We aim to respond to all enquiries within 2 - 5 working days.

We are currently looking at potential joint ventures for specific theatre shows. In this scenario there is no venue hire but a profit share of tickets sales, where the artists/producer takes 70% of the tickets and the Venue takes the other 30%. We are also offering reduced dates for development season residencies: with 5 day hires charged at 3 day and 7 day hires charged at 5 days. If this is something that interest you, please reach out to Peter Benner on 021 430 561 or (Please note we are fully booked from October to December each year).


Home to our beautiful Steinway, this contemporary 200 seat intimate performing arts venue has flexibility for 40 at tables and 84 seated. Featuring Green Room and Dressing Rooms.


More info...


When big is better, our 22m x 45m Civic and recreation hall is just what you need, with capacity for 800 seated, 500 at tables and 1120 standing. Featuring Foyer, Commercial Kitchen and Creative Classroom.


More info...


Host your guests in contemporary ambience and comfort with indoor/outdoor flow, in our premium adaptable function venue. Ideal for capacities of 150 seated, 100 at tables and 250 standing.


More info...


A balmy summer evening, and cocktails overlooking the city from our indoor/outdoor courtyard. Just add 50 guests. Magic!


More info...

Check out Whirinaki Whare Taonga - this is what we do!